Be safe when you’re walking
Before you go walking make sure that you are properly prepared. The weather can be very changeable in the UK. Therefore it is always sensible to -
• Plan your route and make sure that you have told someone that you are going.
• Check the weather
• Take the right equipment (map, compass etc)
• Wear sensible clothing; you will need good footwear, waterproofs and several thin layers. Avoid jeans they take a long time to dry and they have a high wind chill factor.
• Take some food and drink.
• Take a mobile phone, however remember coverage can sometimes be patchy
For a more comprehensive list of practical advice visit
The rambler's website and click on walking info - http://www.ramblers.org.uk/info/info.htm
or visit the BBC weather website and click on sport & leisure - walking safety- http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/sport_leisure/
• Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work.
• Guard against all risk of fire.
• Fasten all gates.
• Keep your dogs under close control.
• Keep to the public paths across farmland.
• Take your litter home
ID: 11 Revised: 17/1/2011